Dehumidifiers are necessary appliances for your rooms or office, in particular in the spaces with high level of humidity. A high level of moisture in the air leads to the feeling of damp and relatively unpleasant. Excessive moisture causes some health problems as cough, cold and breathing difficulties. In addition, high humidity can damage your house structure such as cracking and furniture. Moreover, the remaining of high humidity can be a cause for increasing of undesirable dust mites and insects that may cause diseases.
Working in very hard conditions with dust and moisture, a dehumidifier will collect a lot of dirty things. Therefore, this machine should be cleaned and maintained regularly in order to keep the unit running properly. Maintaining the dehumidifier also will help prolongs its lifetime as well as overall performance. Moreover, a clean dehumidifier can save your money for repairing and energy cost.
For the most efficient operation, it is recommended to clean your dehumidifier at least once a month. The following steps will show how you can do it by yourself.
1. Remove the collection bucket or water tank from the machine, and clean it using a damp, soft cloth. The water tank should be cleaned more often to remove mold and mildew; using a brush with soap or using the spray to remove dust completely.
2. Detach the air filter and check for any damage or blockage. Decide if this part should be replaced or not based on how dirty it is or the amount of dust. If yes, follow the instruction which normally included in the product package to replace the new one but please make sure you do it carefully. If you only need to clean it, put it into the mixed liquid containing soap and warm water in few minutes and then it should be dried completely.
3. Accessing to the inside of machine by removing the cover of the dehumidifier, you are able to check the fan blades and coils. Removing the screw carefully to avoid any cracking and taking the cover off. Follow the instruction strictly to ensure the product to be safe when you take any action to the order of machine.
4. The dirty particles and dust may be collected by cooling and heating coils which can make the process of your unit being difficult. Check it out and using the soft brush to remove all dust and particles which attached to the coils.
5. The fan blades also are the ideal places for dust. Using the soft and damp cloth to clean them. This work helps the fan running efficiently.
6. Maintaining your dehumidifier’s fan motor by adding oil drops to keep its smooth and quite running.
7. Checking the interior of dehumidifier once again to make sure every part looks good and in the right order. Re-assemble the cover, air filter, and water tank, turn on your machine.
While doing all actions related to the structure of a dehumidifier, please make sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.